At Little Digs Kids we recognise the trust you are placing in us through your dealings with our business. We do everything we can to maintain that trust.
At Little Digs Kids we all work on the basis that we will protect information about you. Your rights to privacy are also protected by the Australian Privacy Principles in force under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and if you are in a country that is a member of the European Economic Area, your rights to privacy are protected under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
These privacy laws place strict requirements on us to treat certain information collected as confidential, to store your information securely and to allow you easy access to check and correct your information.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you sign up to a loyalty program, membership account or newsletter subscription
- When you visit any of our online stores, for example hosted by Shopify, stockists, market stalls or pop up shops;
- when you make a purchase, submit an order, registration, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you use any of our services including when you access and use our website or interact with us via social media or digital media;
- when you register with us by creating an online account;
- When you communicate with us directly (including in person, via telephone and social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram)
- When you interact with us during promotions, competitions, or special events;
- If you are involved in an incident in one of our product stocked locations;
- When you post a review or leave a rating on this site or complete our surveys;
- If you attend one of our functions or events;
- Any other time where you may supply personal information to us from time to time.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties including:
- third party service providers who provide services or functions on our behalf, including but not limited to IT service providers, delivery service providers and fulfilment managers, mailing houses, our insurers and brokers, and marketing agencies;
- third party sources and platforms, such as public sources, social networking sites, information service providers and third party analytics providers to whom you have provided your personal information;
COOKIES, ANALYTICS AND RE-MARKETING
We also make use of “cookies” on our websites. A cookie is a small software message sent to your web browser by our web server. Your browser stores the message in a file and the message is then sent back to our servers each time your browser requests a page from our server.
We use third parties including Google Analytics Advertising Features to promote our products and services. Google and other third parties collect data about traffic to this site via advertising cookies and identifiers which are used display ads on other sites that are relevant to you, based on your previous visits to this site.
When you click on links and banners on our sites that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to that third-party's privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of those third party websites.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following information from you:
- your name and contact details, such as your physical address, email address and phone number;
- payment information;
- your purchase history;
- a photograph or video surveillance recording of you if you are physically present in our market or pop up stores;
- information required to verify your identity;
- your company name (if applicable);
- information about your shopping preferences/selections;
- account preferences, activity details and interactions (including statistics on page views and clicks), transaction details (such as payment method and where you shopped);
- if you are a member of our loyalty programs, your membership number and reward redemption history;
- information relating to your participation in, and interaction with our loyalty program;
- statistics about visits to our websites such as domain name and the time and date our website was accessed;
- gender and birth date; and
- any other information you may provide to us from time to time.
We will not collect sensitive information about you unless we have your consent and the information is reasonably necessary for one of our functions or activities (unless we are otherwise required or authorised by law to collect that information). Examples of sensitive information include information about your health, race and ethnic origin. For example, if you are involved in an incident in one of our pop up or market stalls, we may also collect sensitive information from you (such as health and medical information).
WHY DO WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information for purposes necessary to sell and promote or products and services to you. In addition, we collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions:
- to provide our products and services to you;
- to tailor how we provide and market our products and services to you, based on your purchase history, shopping preferences and personal information you have provided us so that we can provide you with relevant consumer information and notify you of products and special offers that may be of interest to you;
- to carry out quality control and research (including via customer satisfaction surveys), analysis and tracking;
- to provide value-added services and marketing and remarketing, our Associated Entities (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)), and our promotional partners through our websites, social media channels or other marketing mediums.
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you (including any associated loyalty rewards);
- to operate our loyalty programs;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to interact with you via social media and digital marketing;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, procurement, product and service development, fraud and loss prevention activities;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
- We may also collect data about you on an aggregate and anonymous basis in order to help us improve the functionality of our website and tailor the way we communicate with you.
IF WE ARE UNABLE TO COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all of the following may occur:
- we may be unable to provide products or services to you, to the requested standard or at all;
- we may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products and services that you have purchased from us, or may intend to purchase in the future;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences;
- your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect.
DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
- We may disclose information we hold to any of the following:
- our directors, officers, employees and other Associated Entities.
- third party service providers or contractors who provide services or functions on our behalf such as internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processes and data entry service providers.
- third party platforms and services who process sales, store and analyse data and information, provide web support, send marketing messages, deliver products or information. These services are hosted and managed by organisations other than ourselves.
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators in connection with law enforcement activities; and
- for any other purpose permitted by law.
- We will not sell or trade your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located outside the country in which you live.
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with information about our services or the services of our Associated Entities or promotional partners. We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information from us, please let us know by clicking on the “unsubscribe link”/”update your preferences” at the bottom of any of our communications.
CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
PSEUDONYMS AND ANONYMITY
You have the option of using a pseudonym or remaining anonymous when dealing with us so as not to identify yourself fully to us. Please bear in mind, however, that we will be unable to provide certain services to you unless you disclose your correct identity.
If you are a candidate for employment you must provide personal information which is in all respects true, accurate and up to date and is not, in any respect, misleading, deceptive or inaccurate or likely to be misleading or deceptive.
We understand the importance of your personal information and have appropriate procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information. We also take measures in respect of destroying or de-identifying personal information that is no longer needed for any lawful purpose. Some of the steps we take to protect your information include:
- utilising security restrictions on access to our systems such as passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software;
- external and internal premises security.
We also have measures in place to detect and prevent online fraud or suspicious activity. In some instances, we may ask you to provide us with information so that we can verify your identity and payment details (for example, if you have never shopped online with us before or if your payment details need to be verified with our payment providers). As part of this process we may ask you to provide redacted (masked) copies of your ID and the credit card used to place your online order.
If information is requested from you in order to verify your identity and payment, there may be a delay with the despatch of your order. You will receive a follow up email once your order has been approved.
There is no obligation for you to provide this information, but if we are unable to verify your identity, we may not be able to finalise your online order.
This information will be used for verification purposes only. Once your details have been verified, the verification information you have provided will be deleted.
HOW WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties. If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
RESIDENTS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
If you are in a country that is a member of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), then you have the following rights under the GDPR.
ERASURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have in certain circumstances the right to request that the personal information that we collect from you is erased. We may need to retain some of your personal information in certain circumstances (for example, we may retain some of your details in our “Do Not Contact” section of our marketing database to ensure that we do not contact you again). If we refuse any request you make in relation to this right, we will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT TO OR RESTRICT PROCESSING OF YOUR INFORMATION
You may request that further processing of your personal information is restricted in certain circumstances, including while we investigate your concerns with this information.
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT TO DATA PROCESSING AND RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
You have in certain circumstances the right to request that the further processing of your information is restricted or to object to its processing and the right to data portability (to receive and have transferred the information you provided).
INDIVIDUALS UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE
Individuals over 16 years old can consent to the processing of their personal information, but anyone younger needs the consent of their parent or guardian.
All such enquiries or complaints will be taken seriously and handled with impartiality and discretion.